Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Home Ec·o·nom·ics

Home Ec·o·nom·ics: noun - Cooking and other aspects of household management, esp. as taught at school

Home /hōm/ adverb - 1. To the place where one lives 2. In or at the place where one lives 3. To the end or conclusion of a race or something difficult 4. To or toward home plate 5. To the intended or correct position

Ec·o·nom·ics /ˌekəˈnämiks/ /ˌēkə-/ noun - 1. The branch of knowledge concerned with the production, consumption, and transfer of wealth 2. The condition of a region or group as regards material prosperity

So recently I offered to teach my 'little Sister' Kristen how to make homemade chicken soup from scratch... Which spawned an inquiry that... Well... Made my day and inspired a new found passion. Kristen asked if I would be interested in teaching her and maybe one or two other home school students a Home Economics class. This has inspired me to really apply myself even more to learn how God wants us to run a household and how to best train others how to manage a home God's Way!

It makes me wish I would have taken that Marriage and Family Class from the McWilliams at CFNI that my brother still rants and raves about. But besides that I am very excited about the opportunity... Even though right now it is only a possibility! This is a passion I have had for some time now. I remember when I first started at CFNI I found that allot of young ladies my age never had the opportunity to learn even the basics of cooking, cleaning, budgeting and things like that... Those are just a few things that a good Home Ec course should cover. So I am currently delving into great biblical teaching taught by Devi Titus & Larry Burkett. If you have any great resources I am putting a request out to all my friends please feel free to message me or post info in comments or on my wall!

God Bless!
Alicia Zinn

No comments: